gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Agora next thursday inbct seminar presentations
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:15:29 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>> What we need to say and what we have?
>> -homepage
> ?

Didn't Esa talked about that we should have uptoday version of our group's
homepage did he?

>> Perhaps my research has been with pp mostly so it would be good for me to
>> say something about it. Say, buoyoing and spatial canvases presentated
>> on specific structure.
> Sounds good, but the important question: what's the *message*?

PP depends everything what we have research.
It is, with the buoyoing, the direction where we are looking for. It's
the last bit of food chain of fenfire.

The message is that with all this stuff we can build system which is
new technology and which is very usable.

Abstract:

Buoyoing system - combination of PP prototype, pdf viewer and xanadu (and
many more in future).

-fillets, elastic and chewing gum like connections between papers.
-mind map or 'building legos' like construction of associations
   -bidirectional links
   -left-right
   -xu
-the unique background papers in real use
-buoys
   -spatial position

-irregu   [jvk?]
-fisheye  [tjl, jvk ?]

> We should probably quickly rehearse the talks before the real thing.

Yep.

   -Matti