gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] A preliminary quasimode-based interface for Fenfire and Loom

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Gzz] A preliminary quasimode-based interface for Fenfire and Loom
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:41:10 +0100

Hi Matti,

Matti Katila wrote:
Why not 'Ctrl'? Or one of the other modifiers that microsoft
has excreted on our keyboards?

Right, should've said that.

Mainly ergonomical reasons. Shift is easiest to type..

I don't agree that keys should be static in anyway.
If user wants to change keys he/she just change the bindings.

That doesn't change our obligation to provide good defaults: Most users never change the bindings, and *no* user changes the bindings before trying out the program for the first time...

-b