health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #64445] Make y, m, d of years_months_days string retur

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #64445] Make y, m, d of years_months_days string returned by compute_age_from_dates translatable.
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 13:33:44 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #64445 (project health):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 1 - Wish

Follow-up Comment #4:

I did update the DB but with health_gyneco from last refresh. Funny the "h"
:)

Since it's a new feature, we'll move it to a task to incorporate in 4.4

We have to check things such as the translated string does not take more than
1 char and things like that.

The actual age string is used in many places, including the page of life
({"name": "age", "value": "35y 4m 27d") that goes to the Thalamus and
Federation, so we must be very careful with this.

I like the idea of having the localized representation of years, months and
days, but the original string should be the one that is stored.

Another option is to use the date elements (year, month, day) within brackets.
That will give us the possibility of using more than one char in the
representation. Something like this:

42[Y] 11[M] 9[D]

The long repr should be valid too
42[Years] 11[Months] 9[Days]

I have implemented the "raw_age" argument in the compute_age_from_dates
method, that returns a list in the form [year, months, days]. We can probably
play with this too.

Finally, I started a while ago transitioning to f-string. I think is a great
moment to do it on years_months_days var.

PS.Check on the doc, the
        ##   day   = split(' ')[1][:-1]
Should be
        ##   day   = split(' ')[2][:-1]

Let me know your thoughts and thank you for these great contributions!

Bests
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64445>

Message sent via Savannah