health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #64445] Make y, m, d of years_months_days string retur

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #64445] Make y, m, d of years_months_days string returned by compute_age_from_dates translatable.
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 08:23:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #64445 (project health):

    > 42[Y] 11[M] 9[D]

Going back to this representation, I think is the best approach.
Easy to split and get elements, and it could allow more than 1 char, although
I also think that translation should be kept to 1 character.

Question.. how about non-ascii chars, and non-latin representation? (like in
the case of Chinese..) Can we represent it with a single char?
Today we have the ascii-escaped representation, that would take more than one
char.

We'll go back to the debate on ensure_ascii argument in json.dumps. Let's
explore this more.

Best
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64445>