heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: question RE "making it live"

From: Josh White
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: question RE "making it live"
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:59:24 -0700

> first person.  "I (the computer) judge that Sally would feel
> happy because of X Y Z"

Totally.

> >  - be able to change things (e.g. drop-down lists, or type
> in random
> > stuff, for the nouns) and watch the the results change
>
> Hrm hrm .. interesting.

Yeah, not sure how to do this. Everyone will wonder if the computer is
"cheating" (ie lookup tables for only the examples given).  I'd want users
to be able to prove otherwise somehow.

> > In collecting data, I always refer to one of the greatest UI designs
> > in recent history, www.hotornot.com.
>

> Thinking along hotornot lines, what if we invite folks to
> submit photos of stuff happening.  The submitter labels each
> of the participants with a name.  Then our computer model
> generates appraisals are the situation depicted in the photo.

That would be awesome!

Another idea is make this a class project, to be done with a teacher:

1) input children's stories, possibly written by kids
2) have the computer generate outcomes. The kids add possible outcomes using
dropdown lists if they want.
3) the computer guesses an outcome
4) the kids "correct" the computer (or verify).

A third idea:

"Tree browser" - allow users to browse whatever information the computer
uses to decide.  Good interface design would be essential...!  Can someone
post a little bit of any database here? Say 50 lines or something? I have no
idea what it looks like under the hood, but I'm picturing a tree-based
structure like "lifeform -> animal -> frog -> bullfrog" (where each arrow is
one branch of many options).

Cheers-

-Josh