heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: question RE "making it live"

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: question RE "making it live"
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:46:50 -0500 (CDT)

Hey dudes!  I agree...I.e.

(1) yes, for the hotornot knock off, lets not require login.

(2) so they will be providing ratings...to be sure this is a believability
rating, prolly an integer 1-5, of what the computer model produces...(or
we could have it sometimes be what a human produced vs the computer
model...hence "turing challenge")...currently "what the model produces"
is (a) an emotion (happy or indifferent or sad) and (b) an explanation
for that emotion...currently, folks rate the believability of them
taken together. (just making sure we are on "same page")

...HOWEVER...we can let be what is there now, right?  If we
even decide we wanna be serious about a (yawn) publication, we'll
want to gather data in this formal way.  (just kidding about the yawn).

Regarding making it easy to add discussion and comments: Excellent
idea....To make it work, there is this wikki stuff that I thought might
be helpful.  A generalization of the wikkipedia (sp).  Apparently it is
like CVS for non CS people?  Ah, you guys prolly already know what I am
talking about.

Perhaps there will be lots of discussion to an item like this:

Tracy wants an apple.
Mummy gives Tracy an apple.
Tracy feels sad because she got what she wanted.

(this is not wholly unbelievable....sometimes you get what you want and
life still sucks and Tracy STILL cries!!!)

...hrm, maybe there will not be lotsa discussion for that particular
item...I just checked the dissertation and mean believability of an item
like that was 1.3 with a standard dev of 0.8

Bill