Re: parse tree

From: Aurelian Melinte
Subject: Re: parse tree
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:06:29 -0400

At 08:39 AM 4/19/2002 +0200, Hans Aberg wrote:

So the answer to that is that the Bison generated parser does that via the
actions. If you want the parsing tree explicitly, you have to build it via
the actions.

>The other way I thought of, let bison do it and this way it will be there
>for every grammar.

I am not sure what you are meaning here: The parsing tree depends on the
input; every language sentence has its own parsing tree.

Hi,
indeed, each node of the parsing tree will have generic informations (such as the text of the symbol if any and the line on which it was found) and infos specific to the grammar (for instance an integer saying which nonterminal/terminal is the node representing). Once I would have the tree, the analyze on it is language specific indeed.

I also start seeing the LALR difficulties Akim is pointing to me.

Regards,
a.