Re: bug in post-1.33 version?

From: Yuri van Oers
Subject: Re: bug in post-1.33 version?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 23:22:15 +0200 (CEST)

On 19 Apr 2002, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Yuri> My program, compiled with 1.33 on my PC, works fine.  But after
> Yuri> I compiled it with 1.35 on my laptop, I get a lot of Parser
> Yuri> Stack Overflows.
>
> We need to know more about your grammar and parser input.
>
> The stack no longer grows automatically when Bison cannot know if
> growing the stack is sane.  For instance, it is not in the case of
> C++.  Therefore, if you happen use the Bison C parsers in C++, you
> might find this problem.

My grammar describes VBScript. The language isn't typesafe, and there's no
runtime information. That makes for a pretty tricky grammar. I can imagine
it would need to grow the stack in certain cases.

Is there an option to turn on stack growing or something?

I can suppy more info if needed.

Thanks,
Yuri