Re: DR Grammars

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: DR Grammars
Date: 22 Apr 2002 14:26:35 +0200

Hi Tim,

Please, keep all this public!

>> Better some day than never...  I'm applying this:
>>
>> Index: ChangeLog from Akim Demaille <address@hidden>
>>

Tim> Akim.

Tim> Thanks for letting me know. This is encouraging. I am still
Tim> looking at sending in some LR(1) options later on because my
Tim> cobol compiler would be a lot simpler if I had LR(1).

We have worked hard to make Bison easier to extend.  It is now much
more typed internally, restructured, commented, using higher level
packages (e.g., we stole a bitset package instead of scattering the
code as was the case before), changed the back end to make extensions
easier etc.

So I do hope you'll find a nice nest to create your LR(1) parser.

BTW, I think I should inform you that I'm strongly lurking at BTYacc.
I have not contact the author yet, but it seems to me that merging
Bison and BTYacc would be an excellent thing.  I plan to work on this
before summer.

That might give you an alternative.

BTW, Bison is on Savannah, you might want to fill the FSF papers and
become a contributor?

--
Ashamed.