Re: speed-up parsing

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: speed-up parsing
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:38:00 +0200

At 10:19 +0200 2002/06/18, Christian Kristukat wrote:
>I'd like to know if it is possible to speed up parsing in the case when the
>parse string doesn't change but some parameters do, e.g. a parser for a
>function plotter where the same function is evaluated at different positions.

Your question is a bit unspecific: The Bison generated parser only reads
the tokens handed over to it, and does not know anything about strings and
such. The parser reads the stream of tokens in a context-free manner, so
the parser itself cannot take into account past or future context
information. But there are several ways to tweak the setup; but then one
needs more information about what one wants to do than what you provide.