Fwd: Re: speed-up parsing

From: Christian Kristukat
Subject: Fwd: Re: speed-up parsing
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:08:54 +0200

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 20:03, Hans Aberg wrote:
> Unfortunately, if you want to implement functions with variables and stuff,
> then you are already trying to implement something advanced, a small lambda
> [...]
> If you take a close look at your problem, you may escape at much less, say
> merely reserving memory locations for the future variable, and then fill
> them in later. But if you are going to allow nested function calls and
> stuff, then you are already towards your way onto more advanced closures.

I would be happy to have some predefined variables, but I can't do without
nested functions. Could this already speed up the thing?

I must admit that this is my first contact to parsers and I don't understand
much of it. I was quite fascinated how easy it is to implement a function
calculator. I combined it with a least-squares fit procedure and I noticed
that the parser was much to slow to work with.

Christian Kristukat