help-cpp2html

[help-cpp2html]Re: Compile problems on HP-UX 10.20

From: Aldo D. Longhi
Subject: [help-cpp2html]Re: Compile problems on HP-UX 10.20
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 13:04:01 -0500

Lorenzo,

    I tried again, and after I fixed the comments in "cmdline.h" and added
"-Aa" to the CFLAGS macro in ./src/Makefile, I only had one other
problem: the "alloca()" function (used in "getopt.c" and "optparser.cc").
I could not find any way to successfully link to any library that contained
this function.  Therefore I hacked the two files containing alloca() to use
malloc() instead and finally got it to link (I'm not sure my modifications
to these files are actually correct... we'll see).  The program now works,
and I am playing with it to see all the features, etc.
    So, I suppose you have two options for the "standard distribution":
1) Replace the alloca() calls with something else
2) Find a way to successfully link with alloca() on HP

Let me know if I can help with anything!

- Aldo

--
Aldo D. Longhi
Consultant

Phone: 781.398.6191     Email: address@hidden
Fax:   781.398.5720     eFax:  425.955.6599