help-cpp2html

Re: [help-cpp2html]Re: Compile problems on HP-UX 10.20

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-cpp2html]Re: Compile problems on HP-UX 10.20
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 16:39:31 +0100

"Aldo D. Longhi" wrote:

> Lorenzo,
>
>     I tried again, and after I fixed the comments in "cmdline.h" and added
> "-Aa" to the CFLAGS macro in ./src/Makefile, I only had one other

if you remove -aA flag what is the problem?

> problem: the "alloca()" function (used in "getopt.c" and "optparser.cc").
> I could not find any way to successfully link to any library that contained
> this function.  Therefore I hacked the two files containing alloca() to use
> malloc() instead and finally got it to link (I'm not sure my modifications
> to these files are actually correct... we'll see).  The program now works,

I think I can work something out for the alloca function in the
configure file (autoconf should be able to handle it).

> and I am playing with it to see all the features, etc.
>     So, I suppose you have two options for the "standard distribution":
> 1) Replace the alloca() calls with something else
> 2) Find a way to successfully link with alloca() on HP

I think your solution (replace it with malloc) should be fine: I think I
can automatizate it through configure script.

> Let me know if I can help with anything!

thank you, you already helped a lot with your feedback :-)

I'd just need to know what the problems are without the -Aa flag.

As soon as I added some features for the alloca I can e-mail the beta
release to you, so that you can test it on your machine :-)

see you soon
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : address@hidden     |
|  Mail University  : address@hidden            |