[Help-glpk] Re: Java GLPK to Javascript GLPK bindings

From: glpk xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Java GLPK to Javascript GLPK bindings
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 20:02:28 +0100

Hello Noli,

the ECMAScript language specification does not provide an interface
to other languages:
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/ECMA-262.pdf

Some JavaScript runtimes allow calling Java classes, see for example
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Guide/LiveConnect_Overview#JavaScript_to_Java_Communication

What a solution could look like will depend on the environment which
you want use.

E.g. if you want to run the application in Firefox, you would have
to supply a plugin for Firefox, which provides amongst others the
GLPK binary library. If you want to run the application in the
Microsoft Internet Explorer you might think about ActiveX.

Please, describe in which environment you want to use GLPK.

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------