[Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: Reginald Beardsley
Subject: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:23:37 -0800 (PST)

What is the status of multithreading or parallelization support in glpk and
glpsol in particular?  I've found a good bit of prior discussion, but nothing
recent.

Is there intent to do this or a desire not to do it?  I'm gradually wandering
into solving ever larger problems which will probably put considerable pressure
on me to speed things up.

If there is an interest in taking advantage of multicore processors, has anyone
done any profiling of a representative problem suite to identify what routines
would benefit most?  I'm pretty familiar w/ what needs to be done and have
growing incentive to do at least some of the work.

Reg