Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 14:54:53 +0100

Hello Harley,

you are right that multiple processes may run GLPK at the same time. But many
applications like Apache or Tomcat are multi threaded. So maybe you would
like to create a webservice offering route optimization by solving a TSP. You
wouldn't be able to do so with the current GLPK because Apache has multiple
threads per worker process, and you definitely do not want to shut down
Apache if one of the TSPs has a problem because a user of your webservice
came up with some strange input.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

-------- Original-Nachricht --------