Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Multithreading/parallelization
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 14:32:31 +0100

Hello Harley,

think of a multi threaded application that has multiple LPs to be solved at
once. Let one of the threads hit xerror or xassert. If you stick to only one
environment you will not be able to use the error hook function to gracefully
terminate this one thread. You will be forced to abort the whole application.

It is a different story if you only want to use multiple threads within
the MIP solver. In that case you might be able to stick to one environment.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

-------- Original-Nachricht --------