Re: change of variable name in 21.4

From: Baloff
Subject: Re: change of variable name in 21.4
Date: 05 Sep 2005 19:10:54 +1000

Neon Absentius <absent@sdf.lonestar.org> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:20:12PM +1000, Baloff wrote:
>
> > btw, how do you inserted the output of M-x emacs-version in a buffer,
> > I mean the whole output which showed in my mini-buffer.
>
> By giving it a prefix argument. I typed "C-u M-x version RET".
>
> ,----[ C-h f version RET ]
> | version is an alias for `emacs-version' in `version.el'.
> | (version &optional HERE)
> |
> | Return string describing the version of Emacs that is running.
> | If optional argument HERE is non-nil, insert string at point.
> | Don't use this function in programs to choose actions according
> | to the system configuration; look at `system-configuration' instead.
> `----
>
> > >  LocalWords:  btw iSpell
> BTW what is this?

this is the words which iSpell found and I hit 'A' "accept for this
buffer", still have to learn how to use gnus more effectively.

C-u M-x then inserted the output not in the mini-buffer but in a
buffer. now C-h k for describe key, how do I put the sequence (C-u
M-x) into C-h k, as soon as I type C-u it goes to work so I don't get
to type M-x.

thanks