Re: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:32:33 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I think phrases like "but it's more efficient" is a bit dangerous. I'd
rather want something like "but some feel it's more efficient". It all
depends on the user, his keyboard, his habits etc.

I have yet to see a keyboard with arrow keys close to the rest of the
keys.  They are always somewhere on the fringes.  So, habits aside,
the distance to C-f is shorter than to the right arrow key, and that
is an objective fact.  Of course, people might prefer a less efficient
way, e.g., if they type so slowly that the additional time is
negligible.
It is of course another objective factor. It is not equivalent to that it is more effecient. Does it not depend on the user, the current point in the learning curve etc what is most efficient?

BTW is not viper keymaps more efficient?;-)