Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:31:07 +0100

On 2008-09-24, Xah Lee <xah@xahlee.org> wrote:
>> More important in this context is the fact that his knowledge of his
>> specific RSI problems and their solutions is much higher than yours.
>
> I didn't consider him sincere, knowledgable, or respectful. Remember

Thanks a lot.  I initially responded sincerely and, I thought,
respectfully.  You subsequently responded, ignoring everything I had
said and I simply pointed this out to you.

> So, all things considered, i considered him, based on his couple of
> messages, that he's like some highschool boy trying do a pissing
> fight. I embraced it, as you can see.

Thanks.  I feel a lot younger now!  (you could, of course, do a simple
web search and you'll see that I am not that young, unfortunately ;-)

>> He also mentioned that his most
>> substantial problem is with the mouse, *not* the keyboard, a point which
>> you entirely ignored.
>
> See above. But also, please note that the discussion was about a
> criticism on emacs *scratch*. Sure, sometimes the topic digress.

No, at that point, you brought up people wanting to use text modes
instead of graphical interfaces.  I replied that I use text interfaces
because of RSI problems with the mouse.  You then said that I should
use more a more _modern_ key binding set for Emacs.  I responded to
say that this would exacerbate my RSI.  You didn't like this.  Tough.

--
Eric S Fraga, UCL