Re: buffer management in emacs

From: Claudius Hubig
Subject: Re: buffer management in emacs
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:45:14 -0000

xtd8865@gmail.com (.Martin.) wrote:
>Hi all,
>1. Is there any way of temporarily bookimaring buffers so that I can switch
>between them more efficiently? Gnus itself has a good few buffers (of
>which I only use the main one where groups are listed), then
>when I open a few messages the buffers usually stay. I usually switch
>between buffers by C-x and right/left arrows. I bet there's a much
>better way of doing it.
>I know of C-x b, but then I have to press TAB to list buffers and do
>autocompletion. How do you switch between buffers?

I'm sorry to be unable to provide you with a better option, just an idea:

Would it be "somehow" possible to bind Alt+{1,…,9} to switch to the
first, second, third buffer?

C-x C-b shows that the buffers do have numbers and using Alt+:num: to
switch tabs within other applications is often used.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
No one gets sick on Wednesdays.