Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: No automatic tabs in Emacs?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:30:54 +0900

Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> writes:
> As a matter of fact, if you want to enable CEDET's smart completion,
> you have to add all included headers by hand!

I don't think that's true.  I tried it, and it seems to handle #includes
automatically just fine -- but obviously doesn't know about non-standard
include directories (that is, it can only find include files in the
current dir and /usr/include); AFAICS, there _is_ no way to get that
information from source code alone.

Something like VS has this information because it forces you to use its
build system, and so of course you specify the required info at that level.

CEDET _does_ some sort of  project-management mode where this sort of
meta-level information can be specified (and from which it will generate
Makefiles or whatever), but I've never used it.

-Miles

--
Dawn, n. When men of reason go to bed.