Re: Use Emacs to compose emails for Gmail web interface

From: Menelaos Maglis
Subject: Re: Use Emacs to compose emails for Gmail web interface
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:48:58 +0200

Jorge <1gato0a@gmail.com> writes:

> It would be better if Gmail worked with the Firefox extension `It's all text',
> which it used to; but since Gmail moved to the "new compose experience" it
> doesn't work anymore.

This is what usually happens with proprietary closed software.
Some design decisions are made that brake nicely working interfaces
(e.g. "It's all Text") and the users have no control.

I have seen this http://oldcompose.com/ that returns the old compose
design to GMail and supposed to work again with "It's all Text" plugin.

I have not tried it. You may and report the results.

Best regards,

Menelaos Maglis