Re: X keyboard settings (was keyboard macro)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: X keyboard settings (was keyboard macro)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:02:33 -0400

> Hey its great to hear of this!  Ive been trying to put together
> something for the new gnu apl that has just been released.  The author
> gives an xmodmap that works for apl but makes emacs close to
> unusable -- Alt-x becomes an Apl char.  However all my attempts at
> wrapping my head round xmodmap have failed so far.  Can setxkbmap
> replace xmodmap?

Note that while I agree with Yuri (it's generally better to use an
OS-wide keyboard setting that gives you the same key-strokes in all
applications), in the case of apl-mode, you probably want to use
a different keyboard setting.  So for apl-mode, it makes a lot of sense
to use an Emacs input method rather than an X11 input method.

        Stefan