Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on sta

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: In defense of Customize [was: Trying to right-align my window on startup]
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 05:42:26 +0100

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> lexical vs dynamic and what not are above my head

In general, it is not difficult, though perhaps you
meant at a higher level.

dynamic: whenever something is mentioned, that is
looked up (so what it is depends on *when* it is looked
up, that is the "dynamic"/time part)

lexical: everything is encoded at some point, and what
you change after that, even if that influenced during
encoding, does not affect what has been encoded -
lexical, as in a heap of text

This sounds like a big deal but you never notice this
distinction. At least I don't.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573