From: Dieter Britz
Subject: Options
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 12:30:55 +0000 (UTC)

I have a brand new emacs installation in my new Kubuntu
system, and I want to change a couple of things, but
can't work out how.

I would like to change the length of the lines to
more characters; and I would like to change the
highlighting colour to yellow instead of white as it is.

How do I do these things, and make them permanent? I can
of course drag the emacs window wider but that has to be
done every time.

Thanks for any help here.
--
Dieter Britz