Re: Gnus configuration to connect IMAP server?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus configuration to connect IMAP server?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 02:43:38 +0200

Rolf Ade wrote:

> Up to now I used gnus just for an nntp feed
> and, as gnus-secondary-select-methods, gmane.

What do you mean "just"?

:)

> I'm trying to add an IMAP account as another
> gnus-secondary-select-methods.

In the Gnus manual there are 121 occurences of
"IMAP". This seems like a good start:

    6.3.1 Connecting to an IMAP Server
    ----------------------------------

    Connecting to an IMAP can be very easy.
    Type ‘B’ in the group buffer, or (if your
    primary interest is reading email), say
    something like:

        (setq gnus-select-method '(nnimap "imap.gmail.com"))

    You’ll be prompted for a user name and
    password. If you grow tired of that, then add
    the following to your ‘~/.authinfo’ file:

        machine imap.gmail.com login <username> password <password> port imap

    That should basically be it for most users.

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -