Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 18:41:35 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 04:34:32PM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:
>> tomas wrote:
>>
>> > And here you see the price you pay for your
>> > above decision [...]
>
>> ... what approaches are there, again?
>
> I was talking about every piece of code (conditionally) pulling
> in its dependencies (with require, e.g.). This makes it much
> easier to skip parts without the whole construction breaking
> down. But hey -- it's just an offer. You are not forced to do
> it this way :-D
>
> Cheers
> -- t

For what it's worth, this is the approach I use.

If I have a lot of related elisp then I put it into a file by itself.  I
treat it as a self-contained module.  All of the dependencies it needs
are required there.  So, I could hand the file to someone else using
stock Emacs and it would just work.  This method is useful for
debugging.

BR,
Robert Thorpe