Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Fatal error 11: Segmentation Fault
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:56:21 +0200

tomas wrote:

>> ... what approaches are there, again?
>
> I was talking about every piece of code
> (conditionally) pulling in its dependencies
> (with require, e.g.). This makes it much
> easier to skip parts without the whole
> construction breaking down. But hey -- it's
> just an offer. You are not forced to do it
> this way :-D

I know, but how about posting a small example
how it/they would work?

I can do the same to "lead by example", if
you will :)

;; This file: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/bricklayer-approach.el

;; first do all the `requires's
(require 'a)
(require 'b)
;; ...
(require 'n)

;; now new stuff begins
(defun do-something-brand-new ()
  (do-something-that-involves-something-from-a)
  (do-something-that-involves-something-from-b)
  ;; ...
  (do-something-that-involves-something-from-n) )

;; as soon as the last
;; `do-something-that-involves-something-from-z's
;; dissappear from this file, remove
;; (require 'z) (this can be difficult to keep
;; track of in practice, unless there are
;; tricks that I'm currently unaware of - do
;; tell if you know a method or even tool to do
;; it - not that it matters all that much in
;; practice, I suppose)

;; add this line...
(provide 'bricklayer-approach)
;; only at that time when
;; `do-something-brand-new' is used in another
;; file, which, you guessed it, will
;; (require 'bricklayer-approach)

--
underground experts united