help-gnucomm

Some questions

From: David
Subject: Some questions
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:02:55 +1100

I am trying to understand some more about gnucomm.

I was wondering if I could ask some questions. I have read most of the
information that I can find and would like to clarify a few things.

Your http://www.gnu.org/software/gnucomm/overview.html document indicates
that you will have a gatekeeper. Have you approached openH323 with respect to
either re-licensing or even dual licensing their Open H323 software? Would
this in fact help? I would have thought it would provide not only a basic
protocol stack but a number of other associated programs covering both
protocol monitoring and end point clients.

On the topics of Service activation and service assurance does the GNUe
initiative have applications or structures here that will be used or are you
looking at something new? You mention that the configuration should be simply
to the end user and that low end computing power should not be a barrier to
entry but i was wondering how you were going to build scalability.
Configuring new services and then monitoring one machine to see that it is
performing correctly but what about 300 machines all with different versions
of software and different prompts. Is there any planned mechanism to manage a
very large and diverse network?

I trust these questions are not bothersome but I am somewhat looking for
answers. I checked out the source tree but I am not a programmer so I was
looking for documentation of which I didn't find alot and wasn't able to
understand the source tree all that well.

Thankyou for any help you can give me.

Best Regards,

David Price