help-gnucomm

Re: oSIP news

From: Rich Bodo
Subject: Re: oSIP news
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:49:06 -0800 (PST)

Aymeric,

> First:
> I'm Aymeric, the Author of oSIP. I've been waiting
> for my copyright disclaimer for a while now and my
> previous company just told me last week, that they signed
> it and were about to send it... So oSIP is nearly GNU.

Excellent!

> Second:
> Rich, you mention: "There are plenty of GPL'd SIP stacks out there"
> What???

O.K.  My mistake.  I humbly apologize.  I was too lazy and way too
busy to explain properly.  Sorry.

I should have said, "Some free software SIP stacks exist."  oSIP is
LGPL and for many reasons the best choice for anyone considering a
SIP-enabled project within GNUComm.  I'm on the mailing list but I
haven't been following it and had no idea it was on savannah.  I
honestly can't wait to work with it, but there's so much to be done.
I'm just taking it one step at a time.  Between now and LinuxWorld I
will only have time to push out the backlog of apps that have been
built for bayonne and pretty up the website.  After that time I
promise to learn more about oSIP so I don't make any more bonehead
remarks.

-Rich

Rich Bodo | address@hidden | 650-964-4678