Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:20:37 -0700

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 01:12:27AM +0300, Igor Wronsky spake thusly:
> Have you thought that whoever supplying the file
> might not have a lightly loaded cablemodem... ?

That would not explain how the transfer starts off so fast. The consistant
patterns seem to be that either the transfer never starts (which is odd
because the file showed up in search results seconds earlier so it must be
out there somewhere right?) or that it starts with a huge burst of 40k/s
or more (probably more because that's an average) and it doesn't do
anything for a few seconds. Maybe the first few blocks of the song are
cached on my local machine or a nearby fast machine and the rest are being
pulled over a slow modem, who knows. It just seems odd that I am yet to be
able to retrieve any more than one or two meg of a file, usually only a
few tens of k.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org