Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed

From: Tracy R Reed
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] INDIRECTION_TABLE_SIZE and download speed
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:43:09 -0700

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 04:13:44PM -0500, Christian Grothoff spake thusly:
> Well, files are always downloaded to where the user specifies they should go.
> The idea why I took the final location also came from the fact that if you
> resume a download later (by re-issueing the gnunet-download command), we
> would use the 'corrupted' file as a starting point -- that's also why it is
> not removed.

I think they should be downloaded into a tmp dir and then moved to where
the user specifies they should go. Otherwise I think people are going to
accidentally insert incomplete files (like I did) if we don't carefully
keep the unfinished files separate from everything else.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
This message brought to you by Microsoft. Inventors of multitasking,