Re: [Help-gnunet] Extractor-related problems

From: Hendrik Pagenhardt
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Extractor-related problems
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:45:03 +0200

> 1) Complain missing libextractor_lower.so

This is the problem I mentioned a few days ago: GNUnet assumes a version
of libextractor which is currently available in CVS only. You could
fetch it from there and build it, or you could use the
libextractor_lower.so which is part of GNUnet 0.5.5. Unless you do one
of these, you always will have the problem, that the keywords used by
gnunet-insert will be case-sensitive.

> 2) For mp3 insertion was successfull, I can find files with search,
> and even with keyword 'Bandname' it it is capitalized. But for those
> ogg-files, I can't find them, not with filetype or Bandname or full
> directory name. And it looks like there is no libextractor_ogg, should
> there be?

It should be there. I definitely have libextractor_ogg.so/.la/.a which
were part of the Debian libextractor0-dev package. Don't know about the
rpms.

On a side note: the libextractor_split plugin doesn't use the dot (".")
as a split token. This has the unfortunate effect of extracting keywords
like "story.txt" for a file named "my story.txt". Instead it should
probably use "my" "story" and "txt" as keywords. Is there a reason for
ommiting the dot from the token list?

Ciao,
     Hendrik