Re: GRUB can't chainload Windows under Secure Boot

From: Giovanni Santini
Subject: Re: GRUB can't chainload Windows under Secure Boot
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 19:27:21 +0100

Il 08/12/2016 18:34, Andrei Borzenkov ha scritto:

> If you are using Linux Foundation chainloader I expect normal GRUB
> chainloader command to work. Do you have pointers to preloader binary
> you are using? I am actually interested in testing it as alternate way
> of providing secure boot support in GRUB.

> You should only need to load main GRUB binary. Do you have pointers to
> Arch package and patches it uses?

Sure thing, I will provide you everything you need!
So,
- grub package sources:
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/grub
- signed preloader sources:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/preloader-signed/
- grub EFI install on Arch:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB#Installation_2
- Secure Boot setup using preloader:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Secure_Boot#Set_up_PreLoader

The only thing that I can point out is that the preloader setup is
written for *systemd-boot*... But the changes for make it work for Arch
are almost zero.

Also, above I've provided the grub sources, as I think they're more
appropriated. Else, here is a link to 64bit binary package:
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/grub/

If you have any issues with package building, I can give you contacts so
that I can provide you some direct help with it.
Else, I think that these two references should be enough:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg

Waiting for your feedback! :)

--