Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 21:37:27 +0100

Le 12/12/2018 à 18:21, David Collier a écrit :

here is information collected using gdisk:

https://pastebin.com/WnJE0jdY

I expecte a bit more description of the partitions. There are many disks and Windows and Linux partitions, so if there are multiple systems installed it would be helpful to know which partitions belong to which system.

For now, I can see that sda has a "BIOS boot" partition and its #3 partition type is Linux filesystem, so it is likely that GRUB is installed in its MBR. I can see only one "EFI system" partition as /dev/sdb3, so I guess this is the one referenced in your GRUB script.

First I would search instances of GRUB EFI in this EFI partition.