Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10

From: David Collier
Subject: Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:49:20 -0800

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:22 PM Pascal Hambourg <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Le 13/12/2018 à 06:32, David Collier a écrit :
> > To boot windows I pick the option "Windows boot manager (P1: Samsung SSD
> > 860 EVO 1TB)" from the BIOS boot menu.
> >
> > Grub is booted by default, if I go through manual path the option in the
> > menu is "P1: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB"
>
> Isn't there a labelled boot entry for GRUB/Linux in the EFI boot menu ?

no, there is not, GRUB/linux is booted when "P1: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB"
is picked.

> Is there a line in /etc/fstab to mount the EFI partition on /boot/efi ?

no, there is no line in /etc/fstab and there is no /boot/efi in the mount
command output

> Is there a GRUB instance in (/boot/efi/)EFI/* on the EFI partition ?

I am not sure I follow, this is what I see there:

kv^a: /etc 18 > find /boot \( -name efi -o -name EFI \)
/boot/efi
kv^a: /etc 19 > ls /boot/efi
kv^a: /etc 20 >

i.e. /boot/efi is empty

Is there a directory /boot/grub/x86_64-efi ?

no, but there is  /boot/grub/i386-pc full of GRUB modules

-dc