Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10

From: David Collier
Subject: Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 12:53:40 -0800

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 11:52 AM Pascal Hambourg <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Le 13/12/2018 à 07:49, David Collier a écrit :
>
> You must install GRUB EFI for the architecture matching your UEFI
> firmware (32 or 64 bits, most likely 64 bits - NOT the CPU
> architecture), but grub-install will be able to register an EFI boot
> entry for itself only if the system was booted in EFI mode.

I can't say I understand this. You mean it would start showing up as yet
another boot option in the BIOS dialogue?

How do I install GRUB EFI?

> What is the installed distribution ?

it's Debian

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 19 Tara"

The installer of some distributions provide a
> rescue mode which allows to chroot the installed system. Also you can
> boot a live system in EFI mode and run grub-install from there using the
> proper --boot-directory and --efi-directory options. Or you can boot the
> installed system in EFI mode with something like GRUB Rescue.

so, I can boot from the USB stick with the Debian distribution and chroot
into the installed system, what do I do next?

How do I force BIOS to boot from the USB stick in one mode vs another?

-dc