help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some Liquid War 6 news

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Some Liquid War 6 news
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 20:15:43 +0200

On 2011-08-16 14:15, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> "DOG" is an empty level where I have played around with the team profile
> values:
> red      This is the normal one
> green   (discrete adjustment:) slow and weak attack, but strong defence
> blue     (discrete adjustment:) a bit slow, but strong attack
> yellow  (discrete adjustment:) slightly faster, but weak defence
> cyan    slow, but strong attack and defence (I like this one)
> magenta strong attack ... weak defence
> orange   Fast ... but weak defence
> light blue  Handicapped
> purple   weak attack and slow, but strong defence
> pink    Victim
I need to play this one a little more to have a serious idea about these
settings.

> "PXL" is using some simple pixelart. It uses
> <bool key="pixelize" value="true"/>
> <bool key="resample" value="false"/>
> (Its a bit wierd - map.png and texture.png don't seem to align
> perfectly, even though they are the same size.)
Duh, don't align? I must check that... Note that I just *love* the
gameplay with polarity turned on.

> "RECTANGLED" uses 24 interconnected rooms, painted quickly.
I like those "simple" maps, interconnected rooms are definitely a good
way to make nice-to-play levels, I suspect it's even more fun when
crowded with say, 5 or 6 teams.

BTW, I moved these new maps to the "extra-maps" package, I imagine
before the "first release with official single-player mode" we'll need
to sort all your maps, pick up the best ones, and so on, but it might be
too early IMHO to do that.

Have a nice day, and thanks again for your great work,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/