Re: TGS revisited

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: TGS revisited
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:32:34 +0200

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:15:10PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
[...]
> Great!  Good enough for a release.
>
> So TGS is stable against heimdal now, for AS/TGS queries, with/without
> pre-auth?

Right, just tried with preauth enabled.

> (It is for me, but it seems I only had short principal
> names.)
>
> > w2k3-kdc is still not liking us. :-|

Okay, here's my current point of interest in this part:

Changing shishi to use plain md5 for rc4-hmac makes
w2k3-kdc send a TGS-REP (ethereal sees it). shishi doesn't
like it somehow (nothing except a vanilla "Could not get
ticket as elrond for host/...").

I'll first try to understand, why that is so.
(I can send you -v -v -v -v of this, if you like).

Later I'll try the patches. :)

    Elrond