Re: TGS revisited

From: Elrond
Subject: Re: TGS revisited
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:40:47 +0200

BINGO!

I found it!

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:52:22PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
[...]
> >> There is a XXX nit in
> >> shishi_ap_set_tktoptionsasn1usage() which you could watch out for.
> >
> > That memmove looks interesting there...
> >
> > Is that to skip the asn1-tag and length?
> >
> > What if the encoded length is more than 128byte?
> >
> > (I'm just talking useless crap. You're fully free to ignore
> > the last few lines. ;) )
>
> I'm not sure what it is for, but it works so I haven't touched it. :)

It's the source of my problem!

Making it skip 3 bytes instead of 2 solved my
heimdal-issue.

And it now explains, why it works for some principals in my
heimdal-kdc and not for others:

length!

The memcpy is to skip the asn1-tag and the asn1-length.

So to reproduce this: Just create a long service principal.
Please let me know, that you can reproduce it!

    Elrond

p.s.: Yes, I'm sounding somewhat "enthuisastic". This thing
      started to really confuse me.