Re: On non-PIC PAM module for OpenSolaris.

From: Mats Erik Andersson
Subject: Re: On non-PIC PAM module for OpenSolaris.
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 21:47:13 +0200

onsdag den  3 april 2013 klockan 10:32 skrev Simon Josefsson detta:
> Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > I'm confused about how you have this problem, since by default libtool
> > uses PIC for all shared objects, and I'm not sure why the PAM module
> > wouldn't be a shared object.
>
> I have added -shared now, it makes sense to me as well.

It does not suffice, I must still use '--with-pic' in order
to build the module. Without that switch, the CCLD step, i.e.,
"libtool: compile: ..." aborts with an error. There is no
helping message inspite of "make V=1".

My knownledge of libtool is too weak to debug this matter.
Helping suggestions?

Best regards,
  Mats E A