Re: [help-texinfo] link in html without ``See''?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] link in html without ``See''?
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:47:53 -0400

    I quoted the documentation that says punctuation must be used.

Well, it doesn't actually say must, at least not in the places I'm
finding it.  It says should.  (Not that I try to be 100% rigorous about
the use of terms in such standardspeak, although I do try to avoid
"must" unless it's really so.)

Since you don't want the punctuation, leave it out of your source.  It
shouldn't be required there (I can't remember if makeinfo gives a
warning).

Where it's required is the Info output (otherwise Info readers can't
follow the xref).  So makeinfo will insert a period there, but not in
the other formats.

At least all that is my memory of how it's intended to work, I haven't
done experiments either.

        @uref{../lilypond-internals/\NAME\.html,address@hidden
    how do I produce the new style name?

In this alternative, you'll have to determine the HTML filename yourself
and pass it in to your macro as another argument.