Re: [help-texinfo] link in html without ``See''?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] link in html without ``See''?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 06:37:24 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:29:39 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
>
> > Why not?  Can you explain, preferably with an example?
>
> I quoted the documentation that says punctuation must be used.  That's
> just as bad as an extranous 'See'.

I've seen the citation (and I knew @ref needs punctuation even without
the citation), but I still don't understand why is that bad, or why
"See" is bad, for that matter.  That is why I asked for examples: I
would like to understand what is it that you want to produce in HTML
and why @ref cannot fit the bill.

I know that it is not easy to write Texinfo which will look good in
all forms of output, but in my experience, there's always a way to get
reasonable results by rewording.  Only specific examples will show if
your case is something I never met before.

> I haven't done experiments, are you suggesting that the documentation
> is wrong?

No, the documentation is right.