Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:03:10 -0600

    I haven't Acrobat 5.0.6 on my computer. I have versions 5.0.8 and

Linux or Windows?

    tools I use

Yes, it seems pretty clear that the bug is in Acrobat :).  The question
is how or if we can work around it.  I have never seen this before.

Are you using the latest texinfo.tex?  If not, that's worth trying.
ftp://tug.org/tex/texinfo.tex

    I think I could report a bug on the teTeX list, don't you think?

No, that won't help.  The texi2pdf script is just a tiny wrapper.
It's not the problem.

    - there're no links in the pdf

Hmm.

    - images do not display

That's fixable by converting them to eps.

    - there're some other problems, such as black lines in the margin

Overfull lines.  Probably a side effect of the images not being there,
or something.

However, clearly it's undesirable to spend time dealing with that
stuff.  My only other idea is to try a different version of TeX.  I will
try to rerun your files myself and send you the resulting pdf.

Do you have any other computers or friends you could try out the "bold"
pdf on?  After all, it could conceivably be a configuration problem
specific to a single computer.  (Not likely, but hey, anything's possible.)

karl