Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Some pages in bold font in pdf - Bug ?
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 13:27:49 -0600

Re the bold pages, please try http://tug.org/~karl/cinelerra.pdf.  I
rebuilt it the TeX from last year's TeX Live:
  pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
which I suspect is different than what you were using.

In any case, this very probable bug in acrobat is also an opportunity
for free software (the point of GNU, after all) -- if people complain
about the bold pages, you can always reply "please use a pdf reader that
is free software, only Adobe's proprietary reader has this bug".  People
may be glad to know there are alternatives to Adobe.  My impression is
that the Reader gets worse with every release.

Best,
Karl