Re: [help-texinfo] Formatting parser symbols and rules

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Formatting parser symbols and rules
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:33:14 -0600

    that there is no way to update all of the menus in all of the files
    without also updating the nodes.

I think you're right, unless I'm missing it too.  You can update just
the master menu, but not all menus.  It seems like it would be trivial
to change texinfo-multiple-files-update to support just updating menus
(if it isn't already in the development code).  It should be supported,
since "no node pointers" is the recommended usage.  Unfortunately the
Emacs folks are trying to get a release out, so I doubt this is a good
time to bring it up.  (Eli?)

Personally, I find that once a document is relatively stable (I know
yours isn't), it's no big deal to update the menus by hand, and that's
what I do.  Another option is to just have one source file (which you
probably also don't want to do, but thought I'd mention it anyway).

Best,