Re: [help-texinfo] Formatting parser symbols and rules

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Formatting parser symbols and rules
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 06:29:23 -0600

    @slanted
    rselects a slanted font;

Thanks, I guess this was fixed somewhere along the line, it's not in CVS.

    I suppose this involves setting an environment variable or doing
    something similar, so that `texi2dvi' calls `etex'?

If etex is present, it's used automatically.

    I'd rather not add another prerequisite for building.

Every TeX distribution for years has had etex.  I'm quite surprised
yours doesn't.