help-vcdimager

Re: AW: [VCDImager] RFC: plans for a gnome GUI [pointer]

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: AW: [VCDImager] RFC: plans for a gnome GUI [pointer]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 11:50:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 May 2001, whoo wrote:

> this is a great little utility, however ..wouldnt "it" and the oodles of
> ppl whi find it useful be better served, if the core capabilities were
> "improved upon" (not that they arent already wonderful), and/or exanded
> upon?? I use cdrdoa, cdrecord, and vcdimager ..all from an xterm without
> hesitation, depsite the gtl fromtends, gnome fronteneds, yadda yaddda
> yadda. If you asked me, I would rather see someone code something that lets
> you bin/cue a vcd, my ONLY reason for booting back into windows is for
> those off chances, when I need to rebin something that ive already burned
> and dele'd ..Ive yet to find anything that does that in linux. Just my 2
> cents..
please don't get the impression, that development on the core system will
be hurt by  GUI development...

the core system is getting almost feature complete, and so I'm starting to
extend to other areas that complement this project. You will be able to do
almost everything you could possibly want with a svcd/vcd with the new xml
based tools. the GUI tools are just 'xml-frontends' :)

(even the possibility to completely convert a dvd with it's menu structure
to a (s)vcd would be theoretically possible, if you had a dvd
disassembling tool which created the xml description)

btw, as to 'rebin'ing... you'll be pleased, that vcdxrip will allow you to
complete the authoring cycle, by extracting all information already burned
to a VCD (or being contained in a .bin), ie creating a complete xml
description of the vcd, thus giving you the possibility to alter an
existing (S)VCD and then remaster it... I don't know, if there's a tool
out there yet, that does this! ;-)

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key