help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Re: SVCD still image generation -- testers wanted...

From: Roman Hochleitner
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Re: SVCD still image generation -- testers wanted...
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:05:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Shanker Balan wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Roman Hochleitner wrote,
> > it seems that the CVS version has a few incompatibilities with some
> > system configurations, therefore you have to edit configure.in or
> > makefile.in so that the autogen script works, after that it should at
> > least be possible to compile the mpeg2enc and mplex utilities -
> > normally you wouldn't need more for your purpose...
>
> Well.. I use Debian Unstable for all my work. Is Debian "non-standard"
> by any chance?

i tried to compile the CVS version with either debian 'stable' or
'testing', but with both versions i needed to patch/edit the *.in
files from mjpeg_play in order to compile at least the encoder.

i believe that the maintainer wouldn't check in code that wouldn't
cleanly compile with their own setups ;)

i was enough for me to comment a few lines out, which seemed to
make trouble configuring mjpeg_play, after that i 'cd mpeg2enc and
make'd the encoder without problems.

--
mfg Roman
Roman HOCHLEITNER              address@hidden